Welcome to Region 6
Serving Mono, Inyo, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego and Imperial counties.
2018 Fall Career Essentials and Leadership Conferences
The Fall Student and Advisor Leadership Conference was held on October 20, 2018 at Granite Hills High School. A BIG thank you to those Chapters that attended this event!
The Region 6 Conferences will be: All Leadership events on January 26, 2019 at Granite Hills High School, and all other contests/skills at SBVCC will be on February 2, 2019.
REGIONAL RESUME UPLOAD Submit by January 18, 2019
Contests Limit Update:
- 3-D Visualization and Animation - Limit 2 Teams per Chapter
- Advertising Design - Limit 5 Contestants per Chapter
- Audio/Radio Production - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- Automotive Service Technology - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Basic Health Care Skills - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Broadcast News Production - Limit 2 Teams per Chapter
- Cabinetmaking - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Carpentry - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Chapter Display - Limit 1 Team per Chapter
- C02 Race and Design - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Commercial Baking - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Community Service - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- Computer Programming - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- CPS-Arts and Communications Technology Cluster - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- CPS-Health Services Cluster - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- CPS-Human Services Cluster - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- CPS-Natural Resources/Agriculture/Food Cluster - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- Culinary Arts - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Customer Service - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Diesel Equipment Technology - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Digital Cinema Production - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- Engineering Technology/Design - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- Entrepreneurship - Limit 2 Teams per Chapter
- First Aid-CPR - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Interactive Application and Video Game Development - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- Introductory Woodworking - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Job Interview - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Maintenance and Light Repair (replaces Introductory Automotive Service Technology) - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Medical Assisting - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Mobile Robotic Technology - Limit 3 Teams per Chapter
- Photography - Limit 2 Contestants per Chapter
- Promotional Bulletin Board - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- Robotics: Urban Search and Rescue - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- Television (Video) Production - Limit 4 Teams per Chapter
- T-Shirt Design - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Welding - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Welding Fabrication - Limit 2 Teams per Chapter
- Welding MIG - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Welding, Oxy-Acetylene - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Welding, Shielded Metal Arc - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Welding, TIG - Limit 4 Contestants per Chapter
- Substitutes on a team event may be any SkillsUSA member who is registered for the regional conference.
- No student may compete in more than the allowed number of contests, 1 leadership and 1 skill.
For STATE Conference; the policy will be that students can registyer for one (1) contest only (either 1 leadership OR 1 skill - if they qualify in both at the regional level)
- Substitutes will wear the team badge of the missing member, names cannot be changed.
- There must be at least one original member of the team present.
2018-2019 Regional Conferences:
2019 Region 6 Leadership Conference
Saturday, January 26, 2019 at Granite Hills High School, 22900 Esaws Ave, Apple Valley, CA 92307.
Students in Leadership contests will compete for advancement to the State Competition. Lunch will NOT be provided. Medals will not be given at the Regional Conference. Conference results are scheduled to be published by Friday, February 8, 2019
Registration starts at 8am at GHHS in the Performing Arts Center.
Last year's program for planning purposes.
Region 6 Skill Conference
Saturday, February 2, 2019 San Bernardino Valley College, 701 S Mt. Vernon Ave, San Bernardino, CA 92410
To be a Judge at Region 6 Skill Conference sign up HERE
Students in all contest areas EXCEPT Leadership events will compete for advancement to the State Competition. This includes skilled contests, occupationally related contests, and Job Demo contests. Lunch will NOT be provided, however there is time for students and advisors to get food on their own after their event. Medals will not be given at the conference. Conference results are scheduled to be published by Friday, February 8, 2019
Registration starts at 7am at SBVC in the Sun Room.
All schools must come to registration to pick up their students' badges and turn in a copy of their Form 1s for each student competitor and a single Form 2 for their school. Form 1s can be printed from the registration site by clicking on a registrants ID and selecting print NLSC Form 1; it will automatically fill in the information for the student based on the registration. Alternately, a blank Form 1 can be downloaded here.
Have a school official fill out the Form 2 for your school and bring it to registration as well. A Form 2 can be downloaded here.
The packet of badges you pick up at registration is for both events so make sure students who compete at the Leadership Conference do not lose their badges. Some students may have two badges if their are in an individual and team competition. Make sure they use the correct badge at each contest.
PARKING UPDATE at RCC
Screen Printing Guidelines:
Advertising Design: Contestants Do Not need to bring computers for Regional Competition.
Photography: Students are required to bring samples and due to space limitations, there will NOT be individual interviews and photo/demo assignments will be completed in groups.
All contests at RCC will start in the Tech A courtyard on the lower side of campus near the parking lots. Students should gather there by and wait to be directed to nearby contest sites. Contests are scheduled to start at
Advertising Design = Tech B 123
Intro to Ad Design = Tech B 122
Graphic Comm = Tech B 121
Screen printing = Tech B 121
Graphic Sub = Tech B 121
Photography = Tech A Courtyard and L13
Due to the high volume of photography contestants, students will be rotated as groups to make use of the classroom facilities, display their photo samples and complete their shooting assignment. Groups will be assigned and instructions will be given at the orientation in the Tech A courtyard.
The following competitions will be DEMOs on Saturday, February 2nd:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Dental Assisting
- Diesel Equipment Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Humanoid Robotics
- Motorcycle Service Technology
- Power Equipment Technology
- Robotics and Automation Technology
- Welding Sculpture
*A Demo is held when we do not hold a full live contest because there is few competitiors. We only do this for contests where it isn't feasible to run a full contest for a small number based on multiple things such as material cost and space required. These students are asked to do a five to seven minute presentation/demonstration on a subset of their contest in front of a panel of judges. The rules are similar to Job Demo Open, an official contest. Students are still judge and scored in the contest for which they registered and can still advance to the State level competitions in that contest.
Programs and SBVC Map
This Program is subject to change.
SBVC Map - Park in Lot 10 - Check in at CC SunRoom
We look forward to another successful year for SkillsUSA California Region 6 members. If we can assist you in any way, please contact us. We are both full time school district employees so we will get back to you as soon as we are able. Especially during busy times such as school startup and registration please text/call us with your question for the fastest response, email is always slower.
|Brad Williams - Regional Coordinator (Treasurer)
(760) 247-8001 x20543
Certificates and Results:
Region 6 State Cerfiticates
2018 Region 6 Conference Results click HERE
2017 Region 6 Conference Results click HERE.